Here are some tips for first-time buyers of an EDC (Everyday Carry) knife:
- Determine your budget: EDC knives come in different price ranges, so it is important to decide how much you are willing to spend. Consider what features and materials are important to you and find a knife that fits within your budget.
- Research the different types of knives: There are different types of EDC knives such as folding knives, fixed blade knives, and multi-tools. Research each type to determine which one fits your needs.
- Consider the size and weight: EDC knives should be small and lightweight enough to carry with you every day. Consider the size and weight of the knife before making a purchase.
- Look for quality materials: The quality of the blade and handle materials are important factors to consider. Look for high-quality steel and handle materials that are durable and comfortable to hold.
- Read reviews: Read reviews from other collectors and users to learn more about the knife’s performance and quality. This can help you make an informed decision about which knife to purchase.
- Consider the brand reputation: Choose a reputable brand known for producing high-quality EDC knives. This can ensure that you are buying a knife that is well-made and will last a long time.
- Think about the design: EDC knives come in different designs, and some collectors may prefer a specific style or aesthetic. Consider the design of the knife before making a purchase.
- Check the local laws: Make sure that you are legally allowed to carry the knife in your area. Laws regarding knife carry can vary by state or country, so check with your local authorities before making a purchase.
By following these tips, you can choose an EDC knife that is right for you and meets your needs.
What EDC knife should I consider buying?
As a beginner, you may want to consider some of the top mid-range EDC knives that offer a good balance of quality and affordability. Here are a few options to consider:
- Spyderco Delica 4: The Spyderco Delica 4 is a popular mid-range EDC knife that offers great value for its price. It features a lightweight FRN handle, a VG-10 steel blade, and a reliable lock mechanism.
- Benchmade Griptilian: The Benchmade Griptilian is another popular mid-range EDC knife that offers excellent performance and quality. It features a comfortable handle, a versatile blade made of 154CM steel, and Benchmade’s AXIS lock mechanism.
- Kershaw Leek: The Kershaw Leek is a stylish and affordable EDC knife that features a slim profile and a versatile blade made of Sandvik 14C28N steel. It also features a convenient flipper tab and a secure frame lock.
- CRKT Pilar: The CRKT Pilar is a compact and sturdy EDC knife that features a durable stainless steel handle and a solid frame lock. It also features a versatile blade made of 8Cr13MoV steel.
- Ontario Rat 2: The Ontario Rat 2 is a budget-friendly EDC knife that offers excellent value for its price. It features a comfortable handle, a versatile blade made of AUS-8 steel, and a reliable liner lock.
These are just a few examples of the top mid-range EDC knives that you may want to consider as a beginner. Each knife has its own unique features and advantages, so be sure to do your research and choose a knife that fits your specific needs and preferences.
The post Buying a Quality EDC Knife For The First Time? appeared first on .